domingo, 12 de dezembro de 2010

o blues da última palavra gentil

revendo o documentário CRUMB, e na trilha tem essa pérola do blues.
uma das músicas mais atormentadas que eu já ouvi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAKfy2W70Qg
G

G

Last Kind Words Blues
by Geechie Wiley

(Guitar Intro)

The last kind word I heard my daddy say
Lord the last kind word I heard my daddy say

If I die, if I die in the German War
I want you to send my body, send it to my mother-in-law

If I get killed, if I get killed, please don’t bury my (soul) (sword)
I (p’fer) just leave me out, let the buzzards eat me whole

When you see me comin’, look ‘cross the (rich man’s) (Richland) field
If I don’t bring you flour, I’ll bring you (?)

(Guitar Solo)

I went to the depot, I looked up at the sign
Cry some train don’t come, there’ll be some walkin’ done

My momma told me, just before she died
Lord, (since the dawn, I thought you’d be so wise) (I brought you a piece of ?)

The Mississippi River, you know it’s deep and wide
I can stand right here, see my (babe) (face) from the other side

What you do to me baby, it never gets out of me
I mean I’ll see you, after I cross the deep blue sea

Obviously, this song is about a guy that went off to war in WWI. It's interesting that he'd want his body sent to his mother-in-law and eaten by buzzards. If anybody knows more than I do about WWI, maybe you could help fill in the blanks, or give corrections?

Nenhum comentário: